Thursday, January 7, 2010

Back to saving the world

Now that the holidays are over life can go back to normal. Somewhere around the beginning of December Elaine had completely outgrown her plastic protective pants that accompany her cloth diapers. I remember a time when I was gun-ho about sewing my own All-In-One cloth diapers but the challenge of getting the size right was too much since Lainie packed on the pounds rapidly. Now that it's time to start putting money back into savings so I bought her new organic cotton diapers (they were the same price as the others) and fresh new BIGGER plastic pants. She seems to be noticing the differences between cloth and disposables.

For one: it takes longer to change her
And two: She feels the wetness right away

These are things we will have to deal with because I couldn't believe the amount of diapers we took to the curb bi-weekly. 10-15 diaper changes a day! So, now that my crocheting mania has come to an end, I think I'm ready to tackle that All-In-One.

PS. I never thanked Megan for sending the flannel. Thanks!
PPS. Did anyone else notice the American Girl doll of the year?! Her name is freakin' Lanie!
See for yourself!
Wayland laughed at this because I tried so hard to give our baby an un-trendy name. At least it is just a nickname.

2 comments:

bev said...

Ha,ha,ha. I love American Girl's (Lanie's) camping set!!!

Waita save the world. Maybe you should come and take over my position on the IHC Green Team Committee. I am mostly to lazy to be green.

kendall said...

go Joanie! take some pictures when the diapers are done...