Thursday, April 23, 2009

What am I even paying him for?

Went to the doctor yesterday. He sent me to have a very expensive sonogram 2 weeks ago to determine a more exact age of the fetus which is where we decided I was about 2 weeks less pregnant and that makes complete sense. Well he is still refering to my last cycle and says, "well Ms. Joanna, you are at 14.1 weeks and the morning sickness should be gone now so how do you feel?" Uh doc, I still have morning sickness and I'm 12 and 1/2 half weeks. He then proceeds to prep a yellowed-with-age machine that has something on it like cardio or whatever and he lubes up my belly with cold jelly and proceeds to find the baby's heart beat. What's the deal?! We just had this done 2 weeks ago with top notch equipment at Winnepalmer Hospital! Then there was the waaku waaku waaku sound coming out of the plastic cardio-dinosaur and I smiled. That's our baby.

3 comments:

bev said...

Ah, the joys........ Hang in there. Do you need to shop around for another physician??? Maybe he just needs to shop around for a new machine?

Vera said...

Doctors are stupid.... Trust me, I work for 5 of them....

London said...

Hey I am so excited to see that you have entered the blogging world. I am Waylands cousin - we met up for dinner when I was in Florida in December. I was so excited to hear the happy news of the babe! Good Luck with everything and sharing all of this fun pregnancy stuff! Good luck with the doc.