Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bittersweet ending.

Getting the news of Grandma's death before school tonight left me trying to paint on a smile and trying to stay focused. My mom called me at 6:00 pm and said it's over. I'm convinced Ruth Rosalie Cox let go after learning of her late son, Edwin's, death last week and died of a broken heart. She lost her husband in '66 of a massive heart attack, outlived all of her siblings and 3 sons. She devoted her entire life to living the Gospel and performed more Temple work than all the LDS members I know combined. She raised 7 boys and loved all 37 grandchildren equally. Ruth Cox was proud to tell anyone who crossed her path about her seventy-something great-grandchildren. She taught me and many of her grandchildren how to quilt and in-turn she gave us an appreciation for it. I must teach my children about quilting in order to carry on her legacy. She will be missed immensely by all and I will treasure the love she gave me and the lessons she taught me. Thanks for being so special Grandma!

5 comments:

bev said...

When is the funeral? I only met her once and it was brief, but she seemed like a very sweet and genuine lady. Sorry for your loss Joanie. Talk to your kids about her lots. Put up pictures, and remind them from where they came.

London said...

She sounds like a wonderful person. Sorry to hear about your loss.

kendall said...

oh, I'm so sorry Joanie. I'm thinking about you, your girls, and the rest of your family.

Wendell and Carole said...

Sorry Joanie for the loss of your dear Grandma. You are in our prayer's and thought's. You take care of yourself tho.
Love Aunt Carole (I am Bev's sister, Wayland's Aunt)

Shelley said...

Words cannot even describe all the love and special memories she has left behind. She will be very missed.