Monday, March 8, 2010

Almost done but...

I bought the headliner fabric and spray adhesive today. Note: Make sure you buy enough headliner fabric to cover the whole headliner. Measuring the headliner first is recommended. So I only bought 1 1/2 yards but I needed at least 1 & 3/4 yards 2 would have been better. I stretched as much as I could and grabbed some black vinyl I had laying around and improvised the last 4 inches. I managed to squeeze the freshly covered fiberglass headliner back into place and I started re-attaching the visors and dome lights. It got dark around 6:45 tonight so I stopped to take the kids out for Pizza. I noticed the lights weren't working and neither were the windows. THE WINDOWS WERE DOWN! I went to get the Mag Light out of the trunk and it wouldn't open! Why ME?! The kids were really cold while we drove to Ci Ci's and I reviewed my Jetta manual at dinner. It told me nothing. I assumed it was a fuse so when we got home I found a few forums that talked about this issue. Some said if the dome light bulb weren't seated properly then the fuse could blow. It also said it could continue to blow. If so then the dealership could correct the issue for about $400.00. OMGosh this can't be happening. I replaced the fuse after I climbed through the back seat into the trunk again to get the Mag Light and voila the windows went up. Then I tried to re-seat the dome light (it is hanging for now because it is too dark to try to screw it back into place) then I tried the widows. Nothing. I blew the fuse again. I hung my head and went inside to blog about it. I'll try again tomorrow with a box of fuses and patience. I hope once I get all the parts back on the ceiling, that this issue will go away (fingers crossed).

Please stay tuned for finished product pictures.
Remember to stay tuned for my next project on leather seat repair.

5 comments:

Mimaw said...

Good luck, you have alot more stick-to-it-ness than me. I would definitely given up. You go girl

bev said...

Two things:
I wish you the best of luck.
I always admire a person who doesn't give up and figures out how to do most anything.
Also, glad your small and young enought to crawl around in that car and not hurt so bad that you need people to pull you out.

Anonymous said...

Good brief and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you seeking your information.

Allison said...

Hope you were able to fix it. I have to give you credit that you are a lot more handy and self sufficient than I am. :)

Anonymous said...

Sorry for my bad english. Thank you so much for your good post. Your post helped me in my college assignment, If you can provide me more details please email me.