Thursday, October 1, 2009

October 1st, 2009

I love October! Even though we don't have a "fall" it still has a certain air about it (slightly drier). We have had a cold-front for the last 2 days with temperatures at a low of 66 and a high of 86. There is not a cloud in the sky. It really feels wonderful. My girls spent hours outside after school yesterday and I enjoyed the cooler wheather while running errands downtown earlier in the day. Walking the few blocks from parking spaces to destinations would have killed me otherwise.

I took the Halloween decor down today and plan to decorate the yard when the kids get home. We love Halloween but this year I think I'm going to skip making the costumes. Although, Gretchen wants to be the 1959 Barbie in the black gown so I might make an exception for such a cute idea. Brielle was saying this morning, "Happy 30 days until Halloween!"

Here I thought I'd share some past costumes to get everyone in the mood.

Me as Lara Croft from Tomb Raider in 2005.
Halloween 2006. Me as myself, Gretchen a belly dancer, Brielle a Southern Belle.

Geisha Brielle 2005


Brielle a ballerina and Gretchen as Cyndi Lauper 2008.

Me as Beatrix Kiddo (Kill Bill) 2008.
Sadly, I cannot find Halloween 2007 when Brielle was a Cat from Cats. I think it was only on my laptop that was stolen around Christmas of last year. That was an awesome costume.

3 comments:

Mimaw said...

I hope this year you get to be a "new mom" for your costume, complete w/bags under the eyes from no sleep, and wet spots on you blouse from the dreaded "leakage" - hehehehehehe, maybe a little poop-stain somewhere on your person!!

bev said...

Nice get-ups! You guys really get into it. I've always hated Halloween.... Everything about it. It proabably shows in my kids. All I could ever do when they were growing up is moan and groan about the costumes, buying the candy, having to answer the door all night,walking them through the neighborhood in the snow and/or rain, vandalism by the rotten older kids, getting their makeup off at the end of the night, etc... Get the point? I HATE HALLOWEEN.

bev said...

BTW, I love the Kill Bill costume.